The Red Tail Flight Academy is a non-profit organization committed to the career development of African American high school and college students in the aviation industry.
We offer several partnership paths to assist RTFA with student sponsorship or donations.
Become A Partner
Partner with Red Tail Flight Academy and become part of our family.
• Operations and Maintenance Facility - $8,000,000
• Fleet of 10 Piper Archers - $400,000 per aircraft
• Flight Planning Room - $10,000
Flight Operations Needs
• Flight Training Devices / Simulators (Three) - $10,000 each
• Flight Instructor Training Kit - $3500 per student
(IFR Training Goggles, FAR/AIM, iPad with ForeFlight, FAA written tests and check rides)
• Private Pilot Training Kit - $1500 per student
(Aviation Headset, VFR Kneeboard, E6-B Flight Computer, VFR Sectional Plotter, VFR Sectional Chart, FAA Chart
Supplement, FAR/AIM, FAA written tests and check rides)
• Instrument Pilot Training Kit - $1200 per student
IFR Kneeboard, FAA Chart Supplement, FAA Low Altitude Enroute Chart, IFR Training Goggles, FR Terminal Procedures Publication, FAR/AIM, FAA written tests and check rides)
• Commercial Pilot Training Kit - $1000 each
(VFR Sectional Chart, FAA Chart Supplement, FAR/AIM, FAA written tests and check rides)
• Advanced Noise Canceling Headsets - $1000 each
• GPS Upgrades for Existing Aircraft (3 total) - $20,000 each
• Aviation Rolling Tool Chest (3 total) - $15,000 each
• Aircraft Paint Apparatus - $5000
• Aircraft Sheetmetal Bender & Break - $5000
• Aircraft Engine and Test Stand (5 total) -$2000 each
• Fuel Sponsorship Package –
Per CFI - $20,000
Per PPL - $4000
Per Flight Hour - $80
• Oil Sponsorship Package –
Per CFI - $1500
Per PPL - $200
Per Flight Hour - $5
• Maintenance Coveralls - $200 per student
Sponsorship & Donation Packages
We appreciate donations of any amount. RTFA/RTSF is a 501(c)3.
All donations are tax deductible.
Industry forecasts show that over 212,000 new civilian pilots and 193,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed over the next 20 years in North America alone. – US Department of Transportation
The Aviation Industry contributes $1.6 trillion to the US economy annually, and provides more than 11 million jobs. – Federal Aviation Administration
Only 2.5% of the industry’s pilots and flight engineers are African American/Black. – US Bureau of Labor Statistics
From the first flight in Kitty Hawk, NC to a Cape Canaveral, FL launch to put the first humans on the moon, the Southeastern US has a distinct place in the history of aviation.